Sunday, September 19, 2021

Movie Review #41: Halloween Resurrection (2002)

 


I guess letting me talk about horror movies and spooky stuff really gets me back into the groove of talking about stuff online. There is so much I want to talk about during the First Totally Cool and Really Fun and Really Totally Spooky and It Will Cause You to Shit Your Pants Baby, Fantastic Fun Time Super Spectacular. I decided to talk about how Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday was a great movie and doesn't deserve the sass and disrespect it gets from Friday the 13th fans. I said in that video that I decided to talk about the big horror series least respected entry. We did Friday the 13th and now we want to talk about Halloween.

Halloween Resurrection is clearly the least liked entry in the franchise by far. I really wish this was Halloween 5 or Halloween 6 or even the Rob Zombie movies because I actually have strong feelings towards those movies. They actually make me feel things. Halloween Resurrection is a really really boring movie that a lot of other people get angry about. I rewatched this for I think the second time and I felt bored to tears by this film. I'll start with the beginning of the movie which some people seem to like where it's the final meeting of Jamie Lee Curtis and Michael Meyers until Halloween 2018. I can't say this was a good beginning honestly. The retcon that it was a paramedic just doesn't make sense at all. Also the fact that Michael Meyers tries to pretend that he's not Michael Meyers is just weird. It's just very silly to me that Laurie Strode even ended up in a mental hospital. I dunno.

The next problem is that the next 80 or so minutes has to do with reality tv show happening in the Michael Meyers house. You'd think some people would be protesting this whole thing. That could have been an interesting angle to do but it was clear that no one really cared while making this movie. So yeah a bunch of boring dickheads are in the reality show. You know I doubt people would be going "Michael Meyers should have been going after his nephew Josh Hartnett (I forget the characters name)" if these characters were really interesting or fun. None of the actors seem to care about making these characters even the least bit fun to watch. Also the teenagers watching the reality show are really dumb when all the bodies start popping up all going "HO HO HO ALL THIS IS JUST FAKE" and not at least try to send a message to 911 earlier than they actually do. I wouldn't complain if it seemed like anyone wanted to be in this movie. Oh and Busting Rhymes is very annoying. I wish he had not been in this movie.

FINAL VERDICT: Yeah this is one of the shorter reviews because I really do not have much to say about this movie. It's just a very lifeless movie. It's a shame because I really like Halloween 2 by Rick Rosenthal. This movie just doesn't work very well and I'm tired of talking about it. I can't believe that I actually kinda liked it the first time I saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...