Saturday, April 17, 2021

Movie Review #30: Bulletproof (1996)


 

So I enjoyed Double Team (1997) a silly buddy movie. It had great action and I thought the two stars were having fun and that's what I want out of a buddy action film. Well I figured I might as well talk about a buddy movie that's not very good and that's where Bulletproof (1996) comes in. Made in the same year Adam Sandler made Happy Gilmore (1996) and is completely forgotten by just about everyone except sad losers like me who dig up turds no one cares about to talk about them on his blog.

So Damon Wayans is one of the 82,000 members of the Wayans family, and I think the only one to really get to be in several movies that didn't star all of his siblings and cousins. He was a pretty big thing in the 1990s. In Living Color (which I haven't seen but is on my list of things to see before my eyes fall out or my ears stop working or my body just gives up) Blankman, Major Payne, A Low Down Dirty Shame. He was in several motion pictures and I always enjoyed him at least in the films I've seen him in. Adam Sandler i've uh yelled about several movies made by his company Happy Madison Productions but I don't know if I've ever said what I think about him as a actor. I have fond memories of his early work, like up to Little Nicky. Those were silly fun movies that were worth watching at least I thought so at the time. He uh... started to make worse and worse film decisions sometimes actually deciding to act in a movie like Uncut Gems which I haven't seen, don't be surprised by that. 

Anyway this movie is pretty much cliched to hell and back. It involves Damon Wayans as an undercover cop who befriends Adam Sandler because he knows who does the drug dealing and shit like that in town. During a meeting it's found out that Damon Wayans is a cop and Adam Sandler accidently shoots him in the head. He ends up getting a metal plate put in his head. Adam Sandler runs off. Of course they meet up again and now they hate each other. They end up being set up by the drug dealer man played by James Caan. They end up on the road and they learn how to LOVE ONE ANOTHER AGAIN and all that stuff. They stop James Caan and everyone goes to Mexico.

The problem with this movie isn't that it's cliched, hell I liked Ernest Dickerson's Surviving the Game and that was the 8204th movie based around The Most Dangerous Game. Ernest Dickerson just doesn't seem to care here. Or there were behind the scenes troubles I don't know. Damon Wayans doesn't seem to care and neither does Adam Sandler. When actors give a damn they can make something cliched great but when they don't you are pretty bored because you've seen these clichés before many many times.

FINAL VERDICT: I don't like this movie very much but I don't know if it deserves 8% on Rotten Tomatoes. 8% is like for the worst stuff ever filmed and this is definetly not that. This is just a throwaway movie that you will forget you even seen about 25 minutes after you watch it. Despite all this it had a sequel in 2020. Of course neither Damon Wayans or Adam Sandler came back but really can you blame them? Yes I will end up watching Bulletproof 2.



6 comments:

  1. In Living Color (which I haven't seen but is on my list of

    WHAT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. port I need you to send me a discord message at fuck my shitty computer and the four digits are 1892 or you WILL NEVER SEE THE CLAW AGAIN!!!!

      Delete
    2. I don't understand? I pmed you 1892?

      Delete
  2. Is that a discord username? What is it exactly? Capitalization matters in Dicord usernames too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you think of the movie The Road? The cannibal scene excites me. My favorite movie is Silence of the Lambs. I wish to commit such tremendous acts of heinous villainy against you and shall consume your flesh in the end. Love, Bratwurst

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Sent you a friend request - I can't communicate with you until you accept it.

    ReplyDelete

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...