Friday, April 16, 2021

The Final Episode #32: Murder She Wrote (1984 - 1996)


 

I had intended to talk about all kinds of shows on this little blog but I ended up falling down a rabbit hole of just doing sitcoms and cartoons. Mostly because I like sitcoms and cartoons, but I feel I haven't been mixing stuff up so expect to see some stuff that isn't a sitcom or a cartoon. Today I watched a YouTube video on a random Murder She Wrote episode. I highly recommend you check that YouTube channel out it's got a cute chick reviewing stuff like Murder She Wrote. I like her and her peppy commentary. Anyway I was like "Woah, I should talk about the Final Episode of Murder She Wrote!" and here we are! Every time in history has problems but I'm glad to live in a time where I can be like woah I should watch that show and have a good 96% chance of finding that show. It's pretty cool.

Murder She Wrote the favorite show of every person over the age of 55 appeared on television in 1984 on CBS. It ended in 1996 after 12 seasons and 264 episodes. Yes. That's right 264 episodes of Murder and Mystery. This show I'm assuming killed someone in every episode so it has a bigger body count than both the Friday the 13th series of films AND the Nightmare On Elm Street Films. Maybe old people are grislier than we all thought.

Murder She Wrote was a show I uh never watched as a kid so I have no real nostalgia for it. The closest I've come to Murder She Wrote was my dad thinking an older friend of the family liked watching it but it was really a show with Raymond Burr in it. That's my old man the only human being in the history of this world of ours that could confuse Raymond Burr and Angela Lansbury. Oh, and the gang of hooligans I talk to online once edited the episodes pages to make an fake episode that starred us. It amused us in the moment and probably made a joyless fuck on Wikipedia really made.

maybe I'm just decades older than I look and feel but I actually really enjoyed the Final Episode of Murder She Wrote. Maybe I should go play bridge with the old people at the old peoples home. I probably won't do that until I end up talking about the Final Episode of Matlock. This episode involves the MURDER of a guy named Russ Connor. He worked at a Radio Station that was moving from classical music to rock music. He worked with his friends TT Baines (a disc jockey) and Lauren. They would con radio stations somehow. I dunno, show doesn't really get into it but it involved Lauren making the old ass owners fall for her. 

David Ogden Stiers, beautiful sweet David Ogden Stiers is framed for the crime, but Jessica is a friend of his and does not believe it.  Jessica Fletcher sticks by her friends. Do you think she's related to the Fletch character in Fletch? I like to think so because It amuses me greatly. Thankfully beautiful sweet David Ogden Stiers is not the killer and if it was him I would have put this episode down there with the Final Episode of Transformers. David Ogden Stiers would not hurt a fly. The other suspects include a man getting extra money from the sales lady and the sales lady. Oh and Lauren. None of that matters really because I'm gonna ruin this entire thing for you. It was TT Baines doing it for Lauren. I did actually not see that coming, I was thinking it was Lauren. You pulled the wool over my eyes, Murder She Wrote!

FINAL EPISODE: I will end up discussing Matlock and Perry Mason and become 85 years old when I wake up the next day. We will see how this works out! 

3 comments:

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...