Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Movie Review #4: RV (2006)

 



I must say that I've always liked Robin Williams. The man could do comedy like The Survivors or Death to Smoochy (piss off this movie is great). The man could do drama, like Good Will Hunting. The man could literally be scary in films like One Hour Photo. The man was a terrific actor and It's really sad how it all ended up for him. I've also enjoyed several films by director Barry Sonnenfield, like the first and third Men in Black films, along side the Addams Family movies, but as this movie shows you can literally put people with talent together and you won't always get something worth a damn.

RV is fucking obnoxious, but what did I expect from the writer of The Shaggy Dog remake with Tim Allen? I think this might be a worse movie than that too. Anyway I have many problems with this movie but the first is, it's incredibly unfunny and let's be honest here, I'm not a hard person to get to laugh, you've seen some of the comedic things I've reviewed positivtley. Hell I laughed at Blossom. I just know that this movie does not even try. Even Robin Williams, a man known for improv and trying his best seems to be bored to tears in this movie. 

Secondly his family is obnoxious. All four of them seem to be miserable human beings who hate each other with a passion and being around them is not fun in the slightest. Also they don't seem to earn the OH HEY WE LOVE EACH OTHER AGAIN ending horse shit. One oh hey we are having a nice conversation doesn't make up for the 82 FUCK YOU DAD/CARL/MOM/WHATEVER conversations you had during the previous fucking hour of this fucking movie.

Thirdly, this just might be me. I mean we all have tropes in movies that we are fucking sick of seeing, well I'm fucking sick and tired of seeing the fucking trope of OH I LOVE YOU FRIEND/ANIMAL/MOM/DAD/WIFE/CHILD/ALIEN LIFE FORM but for some reason I HAVE TO LIE TO YOU because that's a good thing!!! You see Robin Williams lies to his family becuase they wanted to go to Hawaii but he's needed in Colorado to give a speech so he can save his job and OH NO WE CAN'T DISCUSS THIS LIKE RATIONAL FUCKING ADULTS WE GOTTA LIE. LIE. LIE. This also ALWAYS, FUCKING ALWAYS makes about 98% of movies that use this trope SCREECH to a halt so that the liar can prove to his grandma or a clone of John Wilks Booth that he truly cares about them with a boring fucking speech that NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE. This might have worked when you first started the trope (when the hell did that first start anyway) but it needs to get shot in the dick and die.

FINAL VERDICT:  This is the worst fucking movie Robin Williams has ever been in, yes worse than Mrs. Doubtfire (fuck you you know this movie sucks). It's a bothersome annoying comedy that wastes the talent of several people. I didn't even mention that Jeff Daniels is in this movie. Yes, the movie wastes Jeff Daniels of all people. I didn't even think that was possible.

7 comments:

  1. Toys is his worst movie, compounded by the awful games released with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck you Toys is amazing.

    "that is clearly the vomit of a white man"

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way, it's goofy garbage LIKE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toys is a great weird as hell movie. Eat shit, dickface.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's definitely weird but it is not good. Very not good. I'd rather watch Cadillac Man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toys is better than Cadillac Man.

    And I like Cadillac Man.

    ReplyDelete

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...