Sunday, December 13, 2020

The Final Episode #4: Blossom

 

Apparently they made Blossom toys. And yes I want to own this. I am a cool guy.

Show Title: Blossom

How Long Show Ran: January 3rd, 1991 to May 22nd, 1995

Channel: NBC

Creator: Don Reo


Ahh, yes another Sitcom. Yes, this is the television sitcom probably mostly aimed around teenage girls that I enjoyed as a child. It was Blossom. A show that ran for 5 seasons between 1991 and 1995. It started off as a mid-season replacement for some show I'm too lazy to look up so we will just say Cop Rock because really what this blog needs is more mentions of Cop Rock. Anyway Blossom was the weekly adventures of a teenage girl named Blossom, her best friend Six (whats up with all these hippie names for girls in this show?) and the trials and tribulations that her, her friend and family go through. Joey Lawrence plays Joey and goes Woah a lot. I would have been yelled at if I did not mention that.

As mentioned above May 22nd, 1995 was the last episode of Blossom entitled "Goodbye". In this episode Blossom must come to terms with the fact that her dad is selling the house. He had gotten re-married sometime during the series run (Blossom's mother left) and he wants a fresh start in a fresh house. Blossom not wanting to lose the house devices A SITCOM SCHEME! She, Joey and Six try to keep the people from buying the house. They act like totally lunatics and Blossom even kisses the realtor. Six pretends to be a prostitute and we are all glad they are 18! It's amazing what you could do in 1995. 

It turns out like most SITCOM SCHEMES this one doesn't work. The people still put in a bid and Blossom's dad keeps going to look for other houses. In the end there's a really nice scene between Blossom and her dad, and another with her and Six promising to be friends 4eva!  The Show ends with a nice montage of moments from the show. 

FINAL VERDICT: The only problem is that I kinda wish Tony and the Grandfather character (unless he died in an episdoe I don't remember) could have had a role or at least be mentioned. It doesn't really feel complete because of that but other than that this is a pretty good finale. I laughed out loud several times and actually am excited to do a full review on the entire series, which I can't say for Drew Carey Show because wow those last seasons are gonna be rough. A fun episode to end off a fun series. I recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. HOW COULD YOU NOT MENTION WHOA I MEAN COM... Oh there it is.

    Seems like a weak premise to end with. Send her to college or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they went with a smaller premise honestly. I'm sure I'll see enough "going to college" stories.

      Delete

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...