Friday, November 20, 2020

Weekly Comic Discussion #1

 


That image isn't from a comic released this week but I don't think any of the comics I picked up this week were released this week, so it kinda works. Now welcome one and all to a thread where I discuss the comics or at least some of them that I picked up this week. I live on an island in Canada so sometimes comics distribution is all over the dang place. and by sometimes I mean all the damn time. So let's just discuss some stuff thats on the new comics racks... even if some of it might be old by now!




If I had to pick a favorite newer writer man of these stories involving space raccoons and trees then that man would be Al Ewing. The man clearly is having a lot of fun writing these stories and it comes through in the stories. This story is a murder mystery that involves fallout from the last marvel event, Empyre (And let me rant about Marvel events here... can you at least have the event have some fallout and stories dealing with it... if these are supposed to CHANGE EVERYTHING FOREVER you can't jjust go whoops lol lets forget about it after SUPER FARTS DESTROY THE UNIVERSE #6 written by David Warmington comes out so I actually approve of the story continuing in its own way. I don't approve of events taking 3 issues or more out of the stories I want to read and also taking like 5493589 parts to read, even if there have been events I've enjoyed in the past. You gotta fix this shit Marvel or I'll rip out whats left of my hair and send it to you. I PROMISE THIS) where the Kree and the Skrull became one thanks to the Kree/Skrull Young Avenger known as Teddy. They also fought those weirdo tree people from those bonkers ass Avengers comics from the 1970s. anyway the two empires emerged into one like when Teddy merges into Wiccan's butthole. lol i'm 12.Anyway this issue ends with setting up ANOTHER EVENT and I'll at least buy the issues that Guardians tie into because not having a single issue breaks my brain. I'd recommend buying the trade of this, all 8 issues have been really dingle darn good.


Well this is a part of the storyline Outlawed (or as I like to call it Civil War III: The Search for Ms. Marvel), which was clearly going to be somewhat of a mini event until Covid-19 happened and they had to not put out as many comic books as they do. Now it's just a normal sized storyline. Also The New Warriors comic that everyone in that stupid hashtag movement on Twitter Comicsgate shit their pants about, which makes me always want to read something because those idividuals are rock stupid. I really enjoy most of the new diverse legacy teen characters and thought this sounded fine, even if it really is just Teen Civil War but with less Mark Millar which is always a good thing (the only reason the Kick Ass and Kingsman movies were any good is that Matthew Vaughn cut out most of the stupid horseshit that Mark Millar loves) Anyway this story happens after Viv Vision explodes in Ms Marvel's school and they start a law called Kamala's law and that means you have to be 21 before you can be a superhero so you know the teen heroes aren't lie down and the set up in Champions #1 and #2 was very interesting and I think I'm gonna be seeing how this story ends.


I'm sure I will find some comic to read that I will end up yelling about, maybe I will buy Three Jokers written by a Geoff Johns who clearly doesn't care about writing comic books anymore because man the second I saw that I thought "wow that's a fucking stupid idea for a comic" but it will probably be on another slow week like this one. Also I will get the latest X-Men X Of Swords thing because Jonathan Hickman and Friends X-Men relaunch has been pretty great lately, but that will have an entire post related to it. Anyway, we will see what happens next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...