Monday, November 23, 2020

The Disney Afternoon / Disney of the 1990s Cartoon Review Thing Part 2.

 I have decided that it's long enough for you guys to wait for my INSANE CONTROVERSIAL DISNEY OPINION that will probably only bother one or two people but still! So It's time for the second part of this series about reviewing the Disney Afternoon shows (and other shows that Disney produced that were around at the same time too)



And the CONTROVERSIAL OPINION COMES OUT! I am about 98% ambiviant towards Winnie the Pooh and his adventures. I do not love or hate these guys. I will even admit that Tigger can be amusing for just a little bit, but I never really set out to ever watch the movies or shows they were in. They were just characters that existed. I doubt this opinion is that controversial except to the 13 really hardcore Winnie the Pooh fans out there that will never read this blog, but if we are talking about hardcore fans of something doesn't that mean any opinion can be controversial? I mean there are people out there who take loving or hating just about everything too seriously and it's really sad. Uh. Yeah, I get no real enjoyment out of Winnie the Pooh but if you do I'm happy because enjoyment is a good thing. The theme song is pretty good though.



Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers however I think is one of the best Disney Afternoon shows.....ever! It's definetly in the top 3 and to be fair I'm always wondering which one of those 3 are the best. Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers is great. (Everything with Chip N Dale in it is great. I had a VHS tape of like 3 cartoons from the 1950s on it and I ran that bitch into the ground. The one with Donald Duck's little ship is the greatest Disney cartoon ever and you can eat it if you disagree) This show also had 3 new friends for Chip N Dale. Monterary Jack an Australian mouse who loves cheese and Gadget Hackwrench, a mouse that 1. everyone thinks is cute even if they are a furry or not and 2. has her own cult in russia. (https://medium.com/@thefandome/gadget-hackwrench-religion-or-how-a-fandom-reborn-into-a-cult-c66050342d64) This world of ours is a strange, beautiful and sometimes depressing place isn't it? The bad guys were also incredibly entertaining from the crazy professor (professor is a better word then scientist) Norton Nimnul (a name Stan Lee would be proud of) to Fat Cat and his gang ! This show also gets me to say something I love saying and that is "portnoyd is wrong and stupid" becuase he is indifferent to this show. All in all a great adventure show that was also pretty funny. I recommend it to everyone. Clearly the best show of this part.




I had to go to check that there wasn't a show in between Rescue Rangers and this show. I seriously forgot The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was even a thing and didn't want to go around to try to find some show I didn't know diddly about to talk about and thankfully there was no such show so I could discuss TaleSpin and as a kid I did not really like this show. I think the lady bear and her daughter annoyed me too much as a child. I have no idea but it wasn't as good as DuckTales or Rescue Rangers or shows we will get too in the next part but I did just rewatch an episode and I don't know what Little Claw was on because the show was pretty darn enjoyable, not top 3 or anything but still I would like to watch more. The show revovles around Baloo (from the Jungle Book) having to do jobs for Rebecca and getting in and out of trouble from Don Karnage (I love the way he says his name) and Shere Khan (who is now a ruthless sociopathic CEO which is a perfect job for a Tiger)  and I like Baloo's laid back nature which is straight outta the Jungle Book. A fun show that you should view! Also the NES game is underrated and haters of it suck.


Next time we talk superhero ducks, Goof Troops and The Little Mermaid?!?

2 comments:

  1. As usual, claw is backwards. Talespin is great and Chip and Dale are mediocre. Winnie the Pooh is for old people so it's not controversial hating on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers is a great cartoon. You are wrong, dirt breath.

      I didn't even call Tale Spin mediocre, turd smeller.

      Delete

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...