Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Triggered (2020)

 


I am a fucking sucker for movies like this. Movies that take a group of people anywhere between like 5 and 10 are in one place and have to deal with an insane situation. Like the movie Cube for example. Several people stuck in a well Cube that had deadly traps in it. I call these movies Deadly Ass Situation movies. This is a terrible opening paragraph. 

The Deadly Ass Situation that the people in this movie have to go through is a pretty doozy. 9 High School "friends" re-unite 5 years later and get into a dilly of a pickle, Apparently one of them accidently killed another friend, Caleb and his dad who was a science teacher has gotten them into a trap... he's got them all set into bomb vests that they can't get off. There's a timer on each bomb. and this is where it's more than just a regular situation.. it's a DEADLY ASS situation... if they kill each other they will gain more time. Only one person will live and who will it be?!? And of course some people decide to go all murder crazy!

I have to say that most of the acting is pretty good, the characters play usual archetypes you see in movies like this. The dumb one. The loner rebel. The shy one. The smart one, you know that stuff but they feel like what they are supposed to be. Maybe some of the murder crazy people go a bit over the top so if you aren't into that I don't know what to say, but I enjoyed his go from being a pretty okay guy to a crazy loon. 

The movie surprises aren't that surprising if you watch as many of these movies as I can but they might be if you don't? I guess? I think what I like about these movies is that they always keep the pace going and never get boring. Always some kind of secret coming out or something more wild like an explosion. I like explosions.

In the end, this movie deserves a better review than I gave it. I hope you check it out because it's an entertaining ride, the name is stupid though. 

1 comment:

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...