Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Comic Review #73: Sensational She-Hulk #8 (1989)

 


Hey yo! You know we are into the CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY FUN TIME FOR EVERYONE EVER SPECIAL SPECTACULAR on my blog so you know what that means! It's Christmas stuff (for the most part) until December 25th! I got lots that I want to talk about and that includes comics! Christmas and comics have been going together for decades now. They even had Superman Christmas stories going back to the 1940s! That kinda rhymed! Awesome! DC comics even gave Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer his own special once a year comic from 1949 to 1962! They were also put into mini Archie sized digests in the 1970s and 1980s and somehow Rudolph got 2 more digests than Superman! What a crazy damn thing that is! 5 was also the same amount Batman had! I will definitely discuss one of those comics with you fine lovely folk this season 

I've discussed comics from this series before. Issues 6 and 7 if I recall correctly. They were great fun. She-Hulk does this breaking the fourth wall thing. It's got all kinds of goofy jokes. This is Deadpool done correctly and actually fun. She-Hulk should sit on his face. Although no I'll leave those dirty thoughts off this CLEAN AND RESPECTABLE BLOG. So yeah I've already discussed the fact that She-Hulk was created by Stan Lee and John Buscema in 1980. I've also discussed John Byrne many times on this blog. However did I talk about how he got kicked off this book? Or left? Yeah he had a problem with an editor and Tom DeFalco backed his editor and well John Byrne walked. He was still doing Namor for them. I should talk about that series because it was pretty good. He fought weirdo creeps and nazis And made the bad guy The Griffin his pet! Now that's great no matter what crybaby jerknoyd will say.

Boy howdy this was a fun comic book. It starts off right where issue 7 ended with the She-Hulk flying back to earth in some kind of 1970s car. I'm not a car guy. I know Transformers but that's not really the same thing. I just get the feeling its very 1972. I could be wrong. Don't sue me if I am. I just don't know cars. I also like how I alternate very short sentences and very long run on sentences that never end. It's something else. Okay let's get back to the She-Hulk. She finds out that she has a case as a lawyer. It's this Australian man wanted for seven murders. I like how John Byrne has his dialogue be Australian slang and the She-Hulk goes "I can't understand you!"

The lawyer for the other side tells She-Hulk that all the evidence is circumstantial and that his client will sadly walk. She-Hulk however is not a fan of that balderdash! We then get a fun dream sequence that shows that She-Hulk has a thing for Hercules. She should just ask him. Hercules is up for making sweet sweet love to any man or woman. Hercules cares not if you have green skin! He is up for anything! Apparently these dreams are a part of a sub-plot of sorts! Thank you for telling me that She-Hulk! She then gets a phone call from a man named Nick St. Christopher! He's the one on the cover! He and She-Hulk have a nice discussion over brunch. Actually It's probably lunch but I wanted to say brunch. I think people have brunch because it's a fun word to say. Anyway he says he will help her get this guy and tells her to consider it a gift. He also drops some fun hints about his very hard to figure out identify (hint it's Santa Claus)  

She then says she needs half a page of sub plot to make her decision. We then go to some dude talking about how She-Hulk will be his! I don't know where this goes from here because I don't own these issues. I don't own every comic book ever published!!! She then says "The only problem with Sub-plots is when you get back to me I've been talked into doing something foolish!" or something like that. They are on top of a building and She-Hulk is wondering how the hell they are going to get in. Nick St. Christopher says, by the chimney! Then she's down there ready and waiting! Nick St. Christopher says this is the guys apartment but its under another name! She-Hulk can't do anything with this because it's breaking and entering and you can't use any evidence you find that way! So they leave and she calls in the thing.

Another problem is that since the apartment isn't under his name they can't really show that he owns the place. Even though there was evidence there that would probably put him behind the bars of a prison cell for a very long time. Nick St. Christopher though can just pick up She-Hulk and bring her to fuckin Australia and find this guys girlfriend! They talk to her and she agrees to testify. They see all the new evidence at a trial hearing or something. I don't know, I'm not a damn lawyer and the guys bail is set at 7 million dollars! Why thats a million more than the 6 million dollar man! Holy moly!  The issue ends with She-Hulk and Nick St. Christopher talking again and who shows up but Ms. Claus! She even calls She-Hulk a hussy! I could have thought the rest of this issue was no fun but I would still recommend it just for that one part. Oh and she puts reindeer poop in her office. 

FINAL VERDICT: This was a lot of fun to read. The art is great. I love how he draws Nick St. Christopher. One of the characters ends up looking a lot like Captain America when he's not in his outfit but I'll let that slide. The comedy is very amusing and I was with this comic the entire time! This Santa is kinda horny for She-Hulk but then again..........NO LEAVE THOSE THOUGHTS OFF THIS NICE, CLEAN BLOG!

1 comment:

  1. Sensational She-Claw. Someone tell FM this needs to happen.

    ReplyDelete

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...