Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Hollywood please stop rebooting every single thing under the sun. PLEASE.

 


Yes, I decided to remind you all of the Reboot of well Reboot. The show pretty much became some weird power rangers knockoff If I'm remembering peoples complaints well enough but I didn't watch it. Probably will after I discuss the original Reboot. I think that's what I dis like the most about all these reboots is that I have to put original in front of the word. Oh and all the really dumb concepts that people come up with that I will trash in this dumb little rant of mine. Anyway this might be a two parter or more because there are so many reboots that are coming up that I want to yell about because they sound so stupid.

I'm going to be honest and at least say a few things that should be said. I don't think every reboot is terrible idea. I don't think taking something from 30 or 40 years ago and deciding to reboot it again in a different style. I enjoyed what I saw of the She-Ra reboot. I thought it was cute and funny and will probably end up watching more of it. I gotta give credit to anyone who directs or makes a good reboot, you gotta be at least somewhat honest to the original concept AND give it enough of a new spin to make it feel fresh. I will also say that some things are kinda timeless, Beavis and Butthead while making fun of music videos also made fun of dumb motherfuckers via well Beavis and Butthead and dumb motherfuckers are always gonna be around.

Okay so I didn't think I'd have enough to bitch about but you know what yes this article which I will link here has already given me enough shit. here is the link to the shitty article. The first thing that pisses me off is they are already deciding to reboot Criminal Minds. You know when that show ended? LAST FUCKING YEAR. If you HAVE to reboot something, like it's sitting in your back pocket burning a hole into your asshole and the only way to get rid of it is to reboot something then I dunno pick something older? Something that may have been an interesting idea but didn't work well? I don't know just not a show YOU DECIDED TO CANCEL AFTER 42 SEASONS IN 2020. Why THE FUCK even CANCEL the fucking thing Paramount you dense fucking SHITBAGS.

I'm sure you want to try do something wholly original with your reboot (which is so weird to say you know) but this is not the concept any human being wants to see. Apparently Clueless a fun movie from the 1990s that spawned a fun sitcom also from the 1990s and they are doing a sequel-boot apparently that's now a mystery drama. That's nothing related to Clueless. That's pretty much the TV show Riverdale except I know no one cares about making it batshit crazy or memorable or anything. That's just someone jamming a square peg into a circle hole. Not even am I that stupid!

Oh and another thing stop trying to turn things like Powerpuff Girls into serious grim dark shit. What the hell that's the last fucking thing any person who wanted to see that thing return as. It's a new show and Bubbles or Buttercup is a sex crazed black bisexual and the Professor is a lousy bum. I don't care if they change the race of a character in a new hip thing. I really don't. It just feels like its gonna end up being lazy when they don't do anything with the whole thing of her being a black lady? It's like if you are gonna get sad weirdos shitting their pants online all day and night over it you should go whole hog and actually do stories and plots with her being a black lady. but yeah the script of this leaked out and it's a doozy of a pickle. I think I could write a better spec script to it.

Oh I found another list HERE I dunno I'll come back to this later.



6 comments:

  1. The She Ra reboot seemed to follow the My Little Pony formula which is fine. It works and frankly She Ra was a lame spinoff for girls back in the 80s anyway so a MLP reskin is due. Is that woke or not? I'm not sure.

    What the fuck with that Powerpuff Girls thing. Jfc enough. Can these media companies stop being afraid of new content? Jfc.

    And lol the canceling thing. It's proof that human race has no fucking idea what they're doing it, they're winging it and winging it badly. Hopefully you and I will be the last people on earth eventually and we can have sane conversations where we agree on nothing but be more logical than media companies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Original She-Ra was a desperate bid to sell boys toys to girls. The only good thing to come out of it was Hordak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. You are incorrect. She-Ra is cool. Jerk.

    ReplyDelete

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...