Monday, February 15, 2021

The Final Episode #17: Friends (1994 - 2004)

 


I have a dumb facebook group for this stupid blog. I'm not going to link it because the one person who comments here that doesn't comment on facebook thinks facebook is the worst thing on this planet and would be happy if it imploded along with  twitter. I'm not going to argue any kind of point there because I miss the days of forums and stuff. I'm old school, you can tell that by this stupid blog. I just mention this because someone put Friends in a poll I made. The Final Episode was created to discuss the Final Episodes of shows I remember watching but never did end up getting to the last episode or something. New things came up. Weird time changes. Just I never saw the final adventure or story that the characters I enjoyed went through. I just thought it was a neat idea. Now I'm dreading it just because of this show.

Look, I'm not naïve. I knew I would one day have to talk about Friends. I run a silly little blog about nostalgia and comic books. It would have to come up. It just wouldn't feel right to not talk about it. It would be like the elephant in the room to speak of. As you can guess I was uh, never a fan of this show. One of the things I will never understand how this and the other sitcom I hate so much, The Big Bang Theory (thank god thats out of my range because you'd need to give me 30 grand just to watch one episode of that shit). I'm now glad I did this Final Episode thing, because it gives me a reason to just watch two episodes of Friends instead of like 12,000 so that I could do a full review of it. Don't expect that unless someone rich gives me like 10 grand to really make me suffer. This will more than likely be the first and last time I talk about this show here.

I really do not like this show. I find all of the characters obnoxious despite the fact that I've enjoyed things that starred Courtney Cox, Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow have done. Like Romi and Michelle's High School Reunion. I wish I could be watching that instead. I find how the humor in this show is acted out to be obnoxious, but what makes this show second place to the Big Bang Theory is how much I fucking hate the character of Ross played by David Schwimmer. I don't even care if I'm spelling his name right. He's the whinest, most annoying fucker on this show. I just want to punch him until MY hands are bleeding. People were always about HUH HUH DO ROSS AND RACHEL GET TOGETHER??? and my question was does someone kick Ross out of a fucking Airplane? 

The Final Episode is if you actually enjoyed this show pretty nice. We get nice scenes with Monica and Chandler having Twins with a surrogate mom (played by Anna Farris, probably the only good part of this episode) This episode also apparently has Paul Rudd in it. Not even Paul Rudd could make this show tolerable. He also looks the exact same as he did when he first starred in Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Meyers. That man has not aged in 26 years. He is a vampire. A VAMPIRE. Uh, back to the show. Joey and Chandler have a nice moment, where Chandler gets Joey to keep Chick Jr and Duck Jr. (apparently they owned Chicks and Ducks earlier in the show. I don't know, I never watched much of this show) Joey was going to give them to Chandler as a gift for being a new home owner. Jennifer Aniston is an amazing actress because watching her pretend to give a fucking shit about Ross who most of this stupid fucking episode is about. Yeah they are on again. They say they love each other. I don't fucking care. Just end this shit.

FINAL VERDICT: If you enjoyed Friends. I'm sure you enjoyed this final episode. They made some call backs and the characters you enjoyed got to be happy and shit. I hated this show and I just wanted them all to get punched in the face for 47 minutes. I didn't get that so I'm not happy.


10 comments:

  1. Social media is terrible and I will never sign up for any of it. (I do have a LinkedIn account but that's necessary for my industry and literally no one uses it as social media anyway). Deal with it.

    I watched this episode when it aired because everyone did. I randomly watched this show and I fully agree that Ross sucks. Lisa Kudrow's dippy character sucked too. Chandler and Joey made the show watchable. The only episode you ever need to watch is the episode where they have a trivia battle or something and a question was what was the name on Chandlers TV guide subscription and it was Chanandler Bong. That's the funniest thing the show ever did.

    Anyway, the final episode is mostly lame because it's a SHIPPER blowjob for Ross and Rachael. Let's be honest, at no point would these two people ever be happy together. Ross pines for Rachael LIKE DOUG DOES FOR PATTI MAYONNAISE AND DID THEY END UP TOGETHER OF COURSE THEY FUCKING DIDN'T. So the Ross Rachael thing is illogical. That invalidates most of the show.

    Also, I will never watch an episode of big bang theory. Aka nerd sitcom for your grandparents. It's just an insult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol you watched more than 3 episodes of this shitty show. Loser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casper's doughy bottom is waiting for you to slap it. You know you want to.

    ReplyDelete

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...