Monday, February 22, 2021

Movie Review #8: Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore (2010)

 


There are things about myself that even baffle me. One thing is that no matter what I have to see the sequels or remakes or whatever to a movie I liked. Or didn't like. It's like I just need too. So uh, I did see the original Cats and Dogs movie that was made in 2000. or maybe 1999. Probably too old to be watching a movie like that but no one at school liked me so it wasn't like I had a reputation to ruin. I like dogs. and cats. and birds. So I watched it. I remember thinking it was pretty enjoyable and forgetting all about it for who knows how long. Recently I found out that there were TWO more movies in this franchise. One made in 2010 and another in 2020. One of them actually got a studio release but the other was at direct to video.

Another thing that baffles me is why I chose to watch this at 5:00 in the morning of all times. I guess it just felt right, a simple silly little animal movie to pass the time away. That's one thing about my blog is that you'll never know what I'm going to talk about next. Sometimes its Captain America comics and sometimes it's just a silly kids movie about spy cats and dogs. 

This movies plot is pretty simple. Kitty Galore lost all her hair and was thrown out of her house and now wants REVENGE. I was mistaken in thinking that Kitty Galore was the bad guy in both movies but can you blame me, I haven't seen the first movie in 21 years and this movie has REVENGE right in the title. More movies need REVENGE in the title. It's a good word. The bad guy from the first movie, Mr. Tinkles does appear in a cute little Silence of the Lambs scene. 

Kitty Galore creates a satellite dish that will play a CD all over the world with sounds on it that will drive ALL dogs bonkers!  After that she plans to take over the world and rule man. I don't know how the second part of the plan was gonna work but she didn't even get the first part completed (sorry spoiler for this kids movie, the bad guy loses!) So it's up to the spy Dogs and one spy Cat to team up and stop Kitty Galore (Kitty Galore was also a member of M.E.O.W.S. before she went crazy)

This movie has all kinds of silly shit in it, but it's fun silly shit. One of the cats was voiced by Wallace Shawn! Who could say no to that? That's right the only person who could enjoys nun beating. Another cat has JAWS like teeth. You know, the James Bond bad guy? Yeah. He also turns out to be a robot. Weird. I was mostly amused by this movie but some things were terrible, this guy who I'm sure I've seen before named CHUCK THE MAGNIFICENT is really bad. Also the pigeon was annoying.

This has a wild ass voice cast too! Bette Midler! Roger Moore! Neil Patrick Harris! Christina Applegate! J.K. SIMMONS! JOEY PANTS! NICK NOLTE! Clearly the best voice cast in the history of all cinema and you can't argue with that!

FINAL VERDICT: I'm a stupid sucker for kids movies. And animal movies. and I do enjoy a spy film here and there so this movie was pretty much made for me. It's very silly but very charming. I dunno if I can recommend it to anyone reading this but I sure had fun!

2 comments:

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...