Friday, February 19, 2021

Movie Review #6: Run Hide Fight (2020)

 


Sometime in like the last two weeks or so some random Star Wars actress lady said some dumb shit that Disney didn't like and they fired her. We can argue if that's fair or not till or dick turn blue. I'm not getting into the argument I'm just saying it happened. She then is now going to produce a movie for Ben Shapiro and the Daily Wire. It will be the second movie he works on. They are trying to make an alternative for conservatives in film. I hope that they get better movies than Run Hide Fight (2020)

This is already THE worst movie I've seen this year and I get excited over movies like Night of the Bloody Apes (1969), so you know this is gonna be a messy turd of a film. First off it's a ripoff of Die Hard. This is actually a weird positive point for a movie because I kinda love it when low budget movies ripoff something more popular and high budget. It's amusing to see how and why they do it. This movie uh, does not do it very well. It also decides to make it also a movie about school shootings.

I'm not against people making movies about school shootings. I'm not even against people doing a conservative look at school shootings even if I think what they are going for is really stupid. I'm against these movies being stupid and poorly made. School shootings are a very serious and real thing and you need to make these movies seriously. One of the weirdest things is how they have this lady talk to her dead mother's ghost or some shit. I really do not understand why or how they went with that but I also don't care enough to try to find out. It just does not work very well.

This movie does the whole YEAH YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH AND FIGHT IN A FUCKING SHOOTING SITUATION. I think all these fat guys think they are Steven Seagal in 1990 who could beat anyone in a movie. They don't realize several things. 1.) they are Steven Seagal in 2018, not 1988. 2.) they don't think about what it's like to be in a high stress situation like A FUCKING SHOOTING. 3.) they think they are better with guns than they actually are. These are god damn serious situations and you leave them to the fucking professionals. People who have trained for years for this shit you dopes.

Another thing is that you never get to learn anything about any of the people who die, leaving us not to give a shit. Oh that random person died, I wish I had known their name!  It's like you need to know about a character to feel bad about them in a movie. Who'da thought. The bad guys are all doing it for some reasons. One because he was bullied. Another because he seems to have mental health issues (conservatives seem to love to put it all 100% on people being mentally unwell and then also like to take away access to care for those same people. It would be something if they wanted to fix any of these issues but we disagreed but hey they don't!)  the Main guy does it for a livestream so he can be famous or some shit. Possibly the dumbest damn reason ever. You should realize people forget about stuff like that so quickly because there is nothing being doing about this stuff and people just become complacent of the horrors of the world.

I don't really ever nitpick plot holes. I usually never even realize them because I'm just having fun watching a movie but I realized a pretty big one here. So the guy doing the shootings is really serious about it. He makes sure he even has a get away stuff hidden. He sets off bombs to keep the police and fire trucks away until he wants them there. He even bombs the van he uses. He then crashes into the fucking school. I don't even know where to go with that. You'd think he wouldn't crash into the school because everyone should have heard A VAN CRASHING INTO THE SCHOOL. there's also uh THE FACT IT HAS BOMBS IN IT. Yeah, this very careful school shooter guy would totally have done that. Yeah, makes a lot of fucking sense. You think he'd figure out a different way to get the bombs into the school. Like putting them in a bookbag. Oh wait, HE DOES THAT TOO. holy shit that was dumb as fuck.

Oh yeah he does escape at the end and while it's silly that he thinks no one would recognize him during his attempted escape because he was on a livestream in beautiful Technicolor for all to see. What bothers me even more is that the main girl shoots him with a sniper rifle and just leaves him there after having some kind of talk with him. Yeah, I know it looks pretty bad for the guy but what if you aren't as good with the rifle as you thought and he's just fucking with you, huh? You might have just let the guy escape. Bravo idiot.

I'll give some credit to the actors, the main girl, her friend, the main bad guy and Barbara Crampton (who I didn't even recognize but is apparently in this) all do good jobs. I mean I didn't recognize who Barbara Crampton's character was but she always does a fine job. I could also maybe, just maybe look past these problems if this movie wasn't dull as fucking dishwater.

FINAL VERDICT:  I just think stories about SCHOOL SHOOTINGS should be taken with the utmost seriousness and not end up as boring laughably bad movies. I must also say screw the Daily Wire, Ben Shapiro and that Star Wars dumbass. I must also say screw myself because I know I'll end up watching another pile of shit from these assholes, but you really shouldn't. 

3 comments:

  1. Your itemized list is SMART and LOGICAL. It's 100% correct. Most of these hardasses would piss their pants in these situations. Look at the capitol invasion in the US. The senators play officer hardass but they were shitting their pants when the unruly mob was almost on top of them. They were all about justice and whatever for five minutes because they were scared. Then time passed and BUGGA BUGGA BUGGA muh guns and freedoms. Not a real leader or spine in any of them.

    This movie is dumb and not fun and I don't even need to read your review or watch it to know this. Conservative movies lack what real movies have because conservatives lack these things as well: creativity, a sense of humor and give a shit. Look at that Desouza nutbar. His movies attempt humor by not being funny but by making "jokes" like Hillary is a felon HA HA HA. Not that I've seen them but I know GOP comedy and it's devoid of humor. My boss at my last job would make snide republican jokes and they were not funny at all. They were just blunt insults packed up as "jokes".

    Anyway, this is trash and please don't watch butch Republican action movie when it comes out, please.

    ReplyDelete

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...