Monday, January 18, 2021

Comic Review #3: Jawbreakers: Lost Souls (2018)

 


I must start this review off by stating what should be obvious to everyone ever: Twitter is a fucking terrible website and a really bad social media hub. Facebook is better if only for one reason, you can decide who you want to interact with on it. Twitter you're just thrown into the open. Yeah you can block one goofy imbecile you don't want to interact with but that person will just be replaced with 27 other ones. I don't like the interface. I don't like the way I feel it helps radicalize people (like Qanon and stuff) on like any side of the political isle. Everyone seems on edge and it's honestly a lot better for you to throw the damn site into the ocean. It's not even because I'm angry these new fangled weirdly designed websites took away my forums. I truly do think Twitter (and hell probably even Facebook even if I admittedly hate it less) are not very good for society. I don't think every single person ever no matter who they are should be connected to everyone else. It also helps shitty asshole grifters make shitty asshole comics like this one.

If you can tell I'm doing another article on comicsgate because I'm in a bad mood and I feel like yelling and screaming at something. Comicsgate is like Gamergate a stupid fucking ongoing arguement that would have been quelled so long ago if Twitter wasn't a thing. Seriously. Richard C Meyer, the Diversity and Comics guy was a shitty youtube asshole who liked to get his group of sycophants and assholes (most of which were in it because they were huge Donald Trump guys and liked to yell at anyone who was even remotely liberal and not because they cared about comic books) and he's a shitty comic book writer too!



I don't even know where to begin with this shitty mess, so I'll just make fun of the stupid assholes who freaked out about Xaxi the black lady who was gonna be totally cool and not like those SJW characters made by Marvel. Well uh... Xaxi does fucking shit all in this fucking story except fall in love with the black guy (they just fall in love in like 22 seconds). I could also argue about the poorly written boring ass jokes, some of which are just boring off color racist jokes. Like the main guy asked the black guy if he likes to swim? I don't even understand that one. I seriously don't. I could also talk about how the story just jumps all over the place especially in the end. I could talk about how he made a CYBORG BORING. HOW CAN YOU MAKE CYBORGS BORING? WHAT THE HELL. Oh and there's a giant gorilla thats trapped on earth for some reason that the Cyborg wants? I don't care this shit sucks. Oh and the Cyborg just dies so anticlimactically. This is an awful comic man. It's one of the comics you pass over in a box of Dollar comics in front of some kinda not great condition House of Mystery comics that you kinda want to pick up but you know you can easily find them in better condition but you're still tempted even though you know you'll want them in better shape. Yeah, thats the kinda comic this is. It's not good. I also have to talk about how much I fucking hate the art of Jon Malin. He's an uglier Liefeld. That's right, uglier Liefeld. I do not get how they all freaked out about how good he is. The man cannot draw anything to save his own life. I seriously get sick when I have to look at his art. I dislike it that much.

FINAL VERDICT: This is another review I'm never going to be happy with because I will never be able to talk about all the things I don't like about this comic book. Every comic he got angry about on his channel like a giant fucking baby are better than this. All of them. Fuck comicsgate and fuck this comic. I'm going to have to talk about Step by Step or something foolish to calm down after this. Oh, and this comic has two other stories in this comic which I will probably end up talking about when I feel shitty again.

2 comments:

  1. You are correct about Twitter. Society wasn't ready for it. Nearly everyone who wasn't on Web 1.0 is completely unprepared for social media. It's like AOL in the 90s but there's no walled garden to keep the noobs in so they can learn and not ruin the rest of the internet. Instead they just ruined the internet.

    This comic sounds dumb. I hope you didn't pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really bad comic.

    It was even more fun to troll and be a rascal back then. Like cracked8ball, dude was wild but I never got the idea he'd come to my house and stab me. some of these people on twitter however...

    ReplyDelete

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...