Thursday, November 18, 2021

The Final Episode #92: TaleSpin (1990 - 1991)

 


It's back to the well of Disney tv shows. Like TGIF it was something I talked about a lot but unlike TGIF I thought I had talked about more of them. You see when it came to Disney I watched the Disney Afternoon and then their followup on Saturday Morning One Saturday Morning. Yet I've only talked about six things from Disney. Ducktales, Disney's Fillmore, The Wuzzles, Pepper Ann, Disney's Gargoyles and the Final Donald Duck cartoon Family Planning. However I'm amazed that that's it. However looking at my Final Episode list there's an insane amount of stuff I'm surprised I still haven't gotten to. It's a tough job but someone's gotta talk about how Caroline in the City ended!

So TaleSpin was the adventures of Baloo the Bear from The Jungle Book learning how to fly a plane and go on adventures. They actually took several other The Jungle Book characters for this show. Share Khan, the tiger was one of the bad guys Baloo would have to go up against and Louie the Orangutan owns a bar. Orangutans are the best monkeys' out there and if you disagree you can eat my entire fat ugly hairy ass. Jerk.  The new added characters were Kit Cloudkicker and that shitty bear lady and her daughter that really annoyed me as a kid (I'll get into that in a bit) and they would just go on adventures fighting crime. IN THE AIR. 

Before I get into anything else can we say that a series that doesn't have the full cast in it's last episode is just weird. Like this episode doesn't have the lady bears shitty annoying daughter or Kit. It feels weird for the entire cast not to get into the Final Episode. I guess when I do my roundup tier list thing of the first 100 Final Episodes I will have to put this in B-Tier just because of that. That's also the tier list where Cliffhangers will have to go because they are technically incomplete.  Also I think I have to mention that this is actually a banned episode and still hasn't been put on Disney Plus. I do not know if they put it on the DVDs. It's banned because this episode involves a bomb on a plane. You know terrorism. Even goofy comedic terrorism is still you know terrorism. I can see why it got on the no-no list.

I mentioned above that I was not a fan of some characters in this show. They were the reason I didn't like to really watch this show as much as every other Disney show. I watched the flip flapping revision of Doug for crying out loud. Not that many people can take that much of Doug but I can apparently. Anyway I didn't like Molly the kid bear. I remember he being very annoying where as say Gosalyn from Darkwing Duck was incredibly funny and entertaining. I also didn't really like her mother Rebecca either. I thought she was a jerk bitch fucker. I also found out that she was voiced by Archie Bunker's daughter. What a weird world we live in. Anyway I did recently rewatch several episodes and I have to say that TaleSpin is very good and very funny and little Claw missed out on a lot of fun because he couldn't look past some lame characters.  

So how does this Final Episode start out. Well it starts out with Baloo talking to Rebecca and a guy in a suit (it literally has a zipper on the back of his head) who wants to send a package to the High Marshall of Timberhia or some weirdo name like that. I'm not looking it up. I am lazy. Eat shit. Anyway this guy turns out to be one of the owners who has a bomb factory and it's not making many bombs anymore because of a peace thingeabob. Yes that is what they actually call them. Shut up. Uh, anyway he gets Baloo to do this by saying he will become Pilot of the Year! This gets Baloo all ready to do this. There's another problem brewing in Timberlimberwimberland where the Colonel of the Air Force cannot fly and if he fails a test of the High Marshall he will be shot. the High Marshall is really into shooting people for a Disney cartoon. 

Anyway Baloo comes by and to get by the gates he gets his friend Dunder who told him about the Colonel's problem, get the Colonel to let him pass by telling him he will teach him how to fly a plane. Also I must point this out that Dunder is voiced by Lorenzo Music. Personally I think we should replace St. Paul at the Pearly Gates with Lorenzo Music. Who would YOU rather see before you enter heaven? You know the answer so don't even try to lie to me. Also now that I'm reading this paragraph I realize how bad my grammar truly is. It's either very short sentences or a large ass beast of a monster of a sentence. I'm sorry I didn't listen in 3rd grade English classes anyone who actually reads this. So yeah, we go through some pretty funny stuff involving the Colonel and his height. They need to put on plungers to get him to even be able to fly.

So the Colonel learns how to fly. Sorta. Kinda. Not very well. Still he wants to go to a club named Ivan's that pilots go to. He wants to see the 3:00 show which isn't good because thats when the bomb is set to go off. The bomb factory guy has realized that Baloo's aeroplane has gotten past the air vectors. So he gets into his own plan. Baloo and Dunder dress up as ladies and we get the classic joke where some dopey guy wants to fuck the shit out of them. I didn't expect to see drag twice in like a week and a half. Anyway he wants to impress the ladies and Baloo and Dunder want to get the package to the High Marshall. To make things worse the bomb factory guy is on their asses AND the army is throwing shit at them because Colonel didn't tell them to turn back on the air vectors! 

Baloo and Dunder end up ON TOP of the plane. I imagine this is something that happened a lot. Baloo is more courageous than me. I would be crying in my drag and it would probably also be soiled if I had to even think about getting out on top of a plane. Thankfully I was not in any danger in my nice pyjamas and all that. Anyway they get back INTO the plane and the only person's plane who gets knocked out of the air is the bomb factory man. He gets saved by a St. Bernard. Now we are at the High Marshall's summer rest house and Baloo gives the Colonel the package to give him. As he and Dunder go back to have a good time flying home a St. Bernard and the bomb guy show up. He tells them about the bomb and they all rush to the house.

The Colonel is about to give the High Marshall the gift and Baloo runs in and throws it out the window. Baloo tells the High Marshall that he was saving him! Everyone starts arguing about who sent the bomb and the bomb guy says he didn't and something about how he wont move from this spot to show how truthful he is. the St. Bernard dog comes by and blows him up. We then end the episode with the Colonel trying to fly the High Marshall back to his barber. Also I assume the bomb guy got shot because the High Marshall is REALLY into that.

FINAL VERDICT: This was actually a really funny episode that I must recommend to you all if you enjoy 1990s cartoons. It was action packed and the characters were memorable. Still weird that Kit wasn't in it.

6 comments:

  1. i threw this episode into the no-no bin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not a final episode, again, that's why Kit's not in it. I don't understand why you keep harping on not actual final episodes from cartoons that don't operate that way. Oh that's right because you're dumb. It's all arbitrary production dates.

    I lold that this isn't on Disney Plus. Who fucking cares, it's not like Baloo flew a plane into a skyscraper.

    Talespin is good and fun. It's my favorite of the Disney Afternoon shows. Of course you would like Doug and nuDoug better because you have no taste. Jim Cummings did the Don Carnage voice for me when he signed my Talespin cart. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then you would like Talespin over Doug and you don't. Literally no one on the internet agrees with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd honestly need to watch more of either show to make a decision now as an adult. Jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly see no way you don't say Talespin is better. I watched a lot of both growing (but neither recently) and I don't see how Doug can somehow be better than a cartoon made in the same spirit as Ducktales, which I have watched recently in its entirety. This isn't some Deadpool you're dumb comment. I am serious, there just is no way you will say Doug is better and mean it.

    ReplyDelete

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...