Saturday, July 10, 2021

The Final Episode #69: The Nanny (1993 - 1999)

 


At first I was thinking of trying to find some erotic show for the 69th episode of this series. I then ran into a few problems, first I didn't really have a great selection. The only show I could really think of was the Red Shoe Diaries. The second problem is it's hard to talk about what is literally a few very soft core erotic scenes. That show was like 30 minutes. It did not have the chance to get as ridiculous as some Shannon Tweed erotic thrillers did (hi FM!). The joke of LOL ITS THE SEXUAL NUMBER and I was doing an erotic show because It would kinda work as a joke. I then gave up on the entire idea because it was a lot easier to just talk about another sitcom.

I don't know why I chose the Nanny of all the sitcoms I could, but I knew I had to get to it sooner or later because I do want to see if I can poorly discuss as many television shows from the past as I can. I didn't want to get to this show because as a kid I thought it was the worst television show of all time. It was also something I would tell people as an adult. The thing is I don't even know if I had seen an entire episode of this show, I just thought her voice was too annoying. The weird thing is that her voice is honestly not that bad. I mean yeah it's nasally and annoying but it's not ear bleeding as I thought. I decided to watch several episodes because I think I may have watched one episode as an adult. What I found out is that little claw has terrible taste if this is the worst show ever made. This is honestly actually a hoot and the episodes were very fun and enjoyable to watch.

So I guess this is another SUPER GIANT SIZED ISSUE of the Final Episode as we talk about some other episodes too. The first episode involved the Teenage girl that Fran is the Nanny of wanting to date a 25 year old man. This is not good for Maxwell Sheffield. Maxwell is the perfect rich person name isn't it? Maxwell doesn't want his 17 year old daughter dating someone in his twenties which is uh the right thing. The Nanny wants to get some sexy times with the 25 year old's friend. This show is very horny. In the end they let her go on a date and they find out that they don't really have anything in common. 25 year old guy didn't even know the Saved by the Bell kids went to College! Personally I'm with the kid I certainly wouldn't date anyone who didn't know that. 

The second episode involves a man Fran dated dying and also some plot about Maxwell not being willing to say he loves her (This show was a whole do they do they not love each other kinda thing) Not exactly rocket science as a plot but I think it might have been the funniest episode of the 6 I watched. The third episode was about a incompetent bank robber well robbing a bank that Fran and her mother were at. Pretty good too. I like the fact that it seems that the relationship between Fran and Maxwell grows over time. It's very nicely done. 

The Final Episode took place in the 6th season and was the 145th and 146th episode. I'm glad they ended it here because in the 5th season, Maxwell and Fran got married. That threw out the whole WILL THEY WONT THEY thing. When the whole main plot of your show no matter what it is kinda gets wrapped up you really shouldn't keep going even if it's still amusing and popular. So they ended it. They ended this starting with something I miss so much. PREVIOUSLY ON! yes! A narrator tells us about all the stuff that happened in episodes before this one. Maxwell ends up becoming a producer for sitcoms based on one of his plays and they move to Beverly Hills.  Niles the Butler wants to marry C.C. who was someone who wanted to marry Maxwell before he married Fran. Kinda like a third wheel to the WILL THEY WON'T THEY thing. The thing is they would always snipe at each other and do shitty things to each other. She ends up laughing in his face. One of the kids wants to get married (and apparently does). One doesn't want to go to college. Fran is also pregnant. Niles the Butler and C.C. end up in bed together! So that's all the stuff you need to know the ending.

The Final Episode was called The Finale and came to us on May 12, 1999. This is clearly intended to be the finale but yet several episodes appeared after this one. This has actually happened before with A Different World which was clearly supposed to be the Finale had several episodes come on after it. When an episode is clearly meant to be the finale I review that. It feels weird not too, but CBS messed up and showed it early. The Final Episode of this show is a two parter and is kind of amazing actually. You know some sitcoms end with the cast moving into a different house. Some end with a baby. Some end with someone getting married. The Nanny does all three of those damn stories! I gotta give ya credit, let's do it all is a sitcom ending I haven't seen yet.

So the Final Episode is a two parter and the first part ends off with Fran feeling ugly because she's gained weight due to being pregnant. Maxwell decides to do a anniversary party to help her feel better. Niles the Butler asks C.C. to marry him again and while she does want too she's still worried about it. She runs off. Fran goes after her and they find themselves in a elevator that stops. I was thinking this was gonna be all taking place in an the elevator but nope. They get them out when Niles the Butler uses his superhuman powers to open the elevator doors to get them out of there, after C.C. says that she will marry him. They end up going to the hospital because Fran ended up going into labor in the elevator.

At the Hospital C.C. talks to a doctor about her vomiting, she thinks it's just nerves about marrying Niles but you'll see. C.C. talks to Fran again and says that she doesn't want to get married without everyone there. So in the next scene everyone is in Doctor gear and she's getting married to Niles. The Doctor comes in and tells C.C. she is pregnant. She and Niles faint. Fran ends up giving birth to a boy and a girl. It's a very sweet scene. It's then when we move to an airport where two of the three children are moving to Paris. Fran does not want this to happen. This kinda feels like "yeah we gotta do something with the kids, eh move em to Paris I guess" and then it goes to the house one last time. All empty. She picks up the case she was using when she first came to the Sheffield house in an attempt to sell makeup. We are then shown a little montage of clips and Fran leaves the house. She comes back to let her grandma out of the closet because her grandma is old and doddering. Her actor is also only 5 years older than her daughter on the show. Wild. We then leave with everyone going to Beverly Hills.

FINAL VERDICT: I actually liked the idea of doing all the usual sitcom endings at once, it just feels a little muddled at times. Like they didn't know what to do with the kids so they had them go to Paris. I dunno, maybe that was mentioned in other episodes in season 6 but it seems like it was a last minute thought. Still not bad, enjoyable enough way to end a tv comedy. I'm glad I did this instead of Red Shoe Diaries.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...