Friday, April 2, 2021

Movie Review #22: Grandma's Boy (2006)

 


I'm going to start this off talking about Happy Madison and how they make terrible terrible movies. It started after Adam Sandler made a bazillion and one dollars from Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison in the 1990s. He then made every stupid movie he and his friends wanted to make. They made 46 movies thus far and I'm going to go out on a limb and say none of them are good. I mean I have fond memories of the first few Adam Sandler movies but I was 14. I'm going to assume they have not aged well and I don't think I'm rushing to revisit them. I've been watching movies made by them lately and they are all terrible comedies. At best they have like 3 or 4 laughs within. I'm not counting the Monkey as a laugh as monkeys are always funny. Innately so. It's one of the gifts God gave them. You can never not laugh at a Monkey. Unless you have a soul as cold as Satan.

So what is Grandma's Boy about? Oh it's about an unlikeable asshole (the protagonist of most Happy Madison movies) Alex who loses his apartment and has to move in with his WACKY GRANDMA and her WACKY FRIENDS. They just forget you have to make jokes with these characters and they just can't be off beat and weird. He works for a game company. The main guy who made the most popular game series for them when he was 13. GUESS WHAT? He's weird! WOAH! WEIRDNESS IS TOTALLY FULL OF COMEDY!!!! I JUST SHIT MY PANTS! IN FACT I JUST SHIT MY ASSHOLE OFF! WOAH! This movie also has the least funny person I've ever seen in Nick Swardson.  He seems bored to be in all of these movies, playing the annoying guy (the protagonist of the other half of Happy Madison movies). I do not like him and I hope he never shows up in another one of these movies. Of course being Adam Sandler's friend he gets to be in them.

I really have nothing else to say about this movie except I found it really boring and incredibly painful to watch. I hate acting like a snooty critic because I laugh at dumb fart shit comedy all the time. I'm not some Siskel or Ebert who goes into this movie expecting a high art cinema. I just wanted some damn laughs and I didn't get any. And yes, of the 46 movies they have apparently made I've seen 26 and yes, I'm sure I will force my way through the next 20 because 1.) I never learn and 2.) I still kinda want to see if I can find a movie that tops Night of Horror. Grandma's Boy is fucking terrible but at least things happened in it. I mean the movies entire plot pretty much takes up 15 percent of the whole movie but it still has things happen. Annoying and awful things but still.

FINAL VERDICT: Don't watch this movie. Unless you like garbage comedy then enjoy a heaping helpful of this shit.

4 comments:

  1. You're dumb and have no sense of humor. This movie is good and fun and it gives a leading role to Allen Covert who is good in everything he's in, even if the movie stinks.

    Happy Madison is usually bad but 50 First Dates, Wedding Singer and Zohan are actually good. Zohan is an endless parade of Israeli jew jokes but it's actually funny. Maybe watch that next. The opening sequence is worth it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zohan is shitty too.
    stop telling me to watch garbage that is poorly made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zohan isn't amazing but it isn't shitty. You're wrong again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is bad tho.
    So is that Allen Covert guy who was also in Strange Wilderness which was also bad.

    ReplyDelete

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...