Monday, December 21, 2020

Elseworlds Eroticism #2: Lobo sucks. You know it to be true.

 


Well, apparently part one of this article is one of the most viewed posts I've made....with two whole views! So I've decided why not let read and discuss another three Elseworlds. For everyone except those two views Elseworlds was a subsection of DC Comics stories that took place in other eras or places or mashed up two characters or stuff like that. Like Batman would become a western type guy in 1883 or get mashed up to become Wonder Batwoman. Now I kinda want to see that one. Most of them were pretty fun and I enjoy them. Think of them as kind of like DC Comics What If... Anyway we have another 3 ones to talk about.


Boy howdy I'm not into this. I like Alan Grant's Batman stories for the most part, but hoo boy this was not a fun time in the old town tonight. I don't know how popular this Simon Bisley guy is but for the most part I do not like this art (I do like how he draws the Penguin and bird-like and Scarface as a really old wooden dummy but thats about it) the story is The Joker hires Lobo to fight Batman and that's about it. I find Lobo to be annoying and not funny, like Deadpool. Comedy in comics isn't hard man. Justice League International, Ambush Bug, Howard the Duck. That stuff is fun! and funny! this entire thing just felt forced and I'm not into it. Sorry Lobo fans but I'm gonna have to give this one a Not Recommended, but I feel if you like the Main Man you've already read this one. Not Recommended.


 This one was HOG FUCKING WILD. Holy moly did Bob Layton and Dick Giordano make an insanely fun little comic 3 parter here. Ok so there's a guy named Bryon Wyatt who plays Batman in the movie serials and has the license for Gotham Pictures. Jack "The Joker" Napier of Arkham Pictures wants that license and is willing to do anything to get it. Jack Napier gets his mob connections to literally shoot everyone that works for Gotham Pictures INCLUDING Bryon Wyatt right in the dang head but he doesn't take that easily and is saved by Al Penny who is this universe's version of Alfred Pennyworth who has a silver mine because he's trying to make it rich. So Bryon Wyatt because of his injury believes he is NOW the Batman and man they have fun with this. It's all very over the top but clearly these two were having fun, and this Batman IS the Batman of the late 30s and early 40s where he'd shoot your ass or throw you out of a building if you were being a naughty criminal. Of course the Joker and the mob get taken down but you'll have a lot of fun reading this one. The guy who plays Robin is going bald and has to wear a hairpiece. If that doesn't make you want to read this then we are very different people. Highly Recommended.



Batman as Eliot Ness of the Untouchables. You know the group of Feds that went after Al Capone. Now that's a pretty wild idea by Max Allan Collins, whos written a lot of comics and novels and stuff over the years. He's even done Batman before this in the 1980s, but I don't really remember those issues well enough to say if they were good or bad. Anyway, this comic was pretty enjoyable. It was a brisk easy read full of Gangsters and we all want Al Capone to get his ass kicked. The only real problem is some of the characters feel pretty samey but other than that I enjoyed this. It was a fun mash up of a famous historical figure and a famous fictional character and I was actually pretty surprised when it turned out that Batman in this story was Eliot Ness, I had a feeling it would be one of those Fed guys but not the top fella. Anyway this was worth a read. Recommended.


Now it's time for me to read three where Batman fights Dracula and becomes a Vampire. These ones are gonna be either amazing or straight up terrible shit. I can't wait to see which is which!

2 comments:

  1. Elseworlds is ghetto What If. FIGHT ME ON IT.

    DC sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elseworlds is great I WILL FIGHT YOU ON THIS.

    DC IS COOL AND GOOD.

    ReplyDelete

Comic Review #83: Maximum Carnage (1993)

  I talked about this comic series in the last Final Episode post about Monster By Mistake. I mentioned how I talked about this series for o...